What is the Mountain State Oral & Facial Surgery Academic Advantage program?
Are you a student interested in pursuing a career in the medical field? If so, Mountain State Oral & Facial Surgery’s Academic Advantage program may be the perfect opportunity to get a head start on the path to a career in health care. For our program’s upcoming event on Saturday, March 23, 2019, we will bring together a panel of doctors, nurses, and oral surgeons to provide attendees with valuable insights into this competitive field.
If you or someone you know is interested in a career in medicine, we encourage you to RSVP today for our upcoming event. Attending students will have the chance to win exciting raffle prizes: iPads, TVs, tablets, backpacks, and so much more!
What will students learn during the program?
Each medical professional on the panel has earned their esteemed reputation in Charleston. They understand the unique challenges of the healthcare industry and recognize that access to the profession can be challenging. The panelists are eager to bestow their inside knowledge of how to be successful in the industry upon prospective medial students. Those who attend the program can expect to gain insight on the following:
- The best time to start planning your future career
- The necessary education and training required to succeed in the healthcare field
- How to make a college application stand out
- The college admissions process
- Healthcare career options
- A day in the life of a medical/dental professional
- Innovations shaping the healthcare industry
- The rewards of being a healthcare professional
Enter for a chance to win an Academic Advantage scholarship!
Mountain State Oral & Facial Surgery wants to help local students pursue their education goals, so we are awarding scholarships to three students. At the Academic Advantage event, one student will be awarded a $1000 scholarship, and two students will receive $500 scholarships. To enter, you must complete the RSVP form and answer the scholarship essay prompt.
Saturday, March 23, 2019
9:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Four Points by Sheraton
600 Kanawha Blvd E
Charleston, WV 25301
- Jose Ravelo, DDS – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Mountain State Oral and Facial Surgery
- Michelle Davis – Director of Clinical Education at the University of Charleston Physician Assistant Program
- Jamie Dickenson – Education Planning Expert at Jamie Dickenson, LLC
- W. Shane Holmes, DDS, MDS Orthodontist at Holmes Orthodontics
- Meghan Swartz, RN