Dental implants can restore missing and severely damaged teeth with fully functional and natural-looking replacements. If you suffer from tooth loss or disease that has damaged your teeth, you may be the perfect candidate to receive dental implants at our office in Hurricane, WV. The unique design of dental implants can provide you with numerous health benefits that you won’t get with more traditional replacement options. You can contact our office to schedule a consultation and learn more about why dental implants are the best choice for restoring teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a revolutionary solution to tooth loss; they are designed to restore not only your natural smile but also your full oral function. Three parts make up a dental implant, and each one is vital to the final results:
- The titanium screw is the first piece of the dental implant. The screw is intended to mimic the function of your tooth root. Your oral surgeon will place it into the empty tooth socket while you are under anesthesia, where it will fuse with your jaw bone to create a stable and permanent hold. The screw is necessary to support the remaining two parts: the abutment and the crown.
- The metal abutment is the second implant piece. The abutment is the connector piece that attaches the crown to the implant screw. Typically, this piece is attached at the second appointment, after the implant screw has had several months to heal. In some instances, however, your oral surgeon may place the abutment at the same time as the implant screw.
- The prosthetic crown is the final piece of the implant to be placed. The crown is custom designed to match your natural teeth. Additionally, you can chew on it just like a natural tooth, which means you can enjoy all your favorite foods once the restoration is complete.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
When comparing dental implants to traditional replacement methods, they offer several obvious advantages. Dental implants were designed not just to restore your smile and oral function but also preserve your overall oral health, a benefit that other restorations do not provide. You will likely experience the following benefits when you choose dental implants for your tooth replacement:
- Increased confidence
- Natural-looking replacement
- Fully functional new teeth
- Permanent restoration
- No removable parts
- Improved diet
- Easy care routine
With dental implants, you can feel confident in both your smile and oral function. This restoration option is designed to last a lifetime, and maintenance requires only daily brushing and flossing. You can learn more details about the benefits of dental implants by contacting our office in Hurricane, WV.
Dental Implants in Hurricane (Teays Valley), WV
Dental implants are the most beneficial option for replacing missing and damaged teeth in Hurricane, WV. If you think implant placement may be the solution you need, please contact our office. Our staff can answer any of your questions and give you more information about the dental implant treatments available at our practice.